Monday 11 September 2017

Fixing "key type ssh-dss not in PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes" in Ubuntu

I recently came across the following error in the auth.log file of an ubuntu server.


Sep 11 11:44:34 unix sshd[5877]: userauth_pubkey: key type ssh-dss not in PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes [preauth]

I had configured passwordless ssh from a solaris machine to this server using DSA keys.
I later came to know that ubuntu allows passwordless ssh configuration for RSA keys only by default.

The fix for this is adding the following line /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and restarting the ssh service:

PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-dss


I know this is a very short article but I found it a point worth sharing.

3 comments:

Using capture groups in grep in Linux

Introduction Let me start by saying that this article isn't about capture groups in grep per se. What we are going to do here with gr...